Are you ready to show thousands of highly motivated English learners the kind of value that you can deliver through your teaching?
Here’s how. You create content, posted on our site without charge, that demonstrates your English teaching and that makes the readers want more. Your byline (bio) right after your post—including a link to your social-media account, your site, or both—asks readers to learn more about you.
If you are interested in showing a large audience of English learners the kind of quality you can deliver, read on.
What to Write About
As you decide what topic to write on, remember that our audience is primarily English learners. Topics that we will consider for guest posts are those that help people to learn English:
- English-teaching content. This material can include the teaching of grammar, vocabulary, idioms, and so forth. Example: Our English Success series is mostly English-teaching content.
- English-learning tips. What methods help people to learn pronunciation, conversation, and so forth? Example: Our series on Improving Your English Skills consists of English-learning tips.
- Motivational content. Inspire them. Stories of success are especially compelling. Example: A blog post with the title Don’t Give Up includes motivational content. Even if your post is primarily English-teaching content or English-learning tips, it should also have a motivational tone.
- An answer to a question. Visitors have posted questions about learning English. For one of these questions, develop an answer that elaborates on a meaningful idea.
What to Include
Your guest post . . .
- should be at least 500 words.
- should include at least a couple of links to other pages on OnTargetEnglish.com.
- should not violate any copyright laws.
- should not include affiliate links.
- can include relevant links to other websites, including one to your own website.
- should include a relevant landscape-orientation image that you find at Clipart.com, a website that we have a subscription to. In your email to us, just mention the item number that Clipart.com specifies for the image, and we will choose whether to include the image in the post.
- should include a headline.
- should include a byline (bio) about you or your website after the conclusion of your post. The byline may include up to two sentences and up to two links, including links to your website or social media account(s). For your byline, we also invite you to send us an image of you that we may include fully or include after cropping.
The following tips help to create clear, compelling content that readers generally like to see.
- Start with an attention-grabbing introduction that leads your readers into your main content.
- Use subheadings throughout the post that guide the readers.
- Short paragraphs and bulleted or numbered lists enhance readability.
- Finish your post with a conclusion that stimulates conversation or asks a compelling question that prompts visitors to comment.
What We Consider for Acceptance
OnTargetEnglish.com becomes the owner of any guest posts that we publish. However, we will give attribution to you as the writer of the post. Whenever we reproduce the post or parts of it (apart from the headline), we will acknowledge you as the writer.
We will consider for acceptance only original content:
- content that you wrote or produced
- content that is not and will not be published anywhere else
If we accept your post, you grant us an exclusive license as the only publisher of the content.
OnTargetEnglish.com reserves the right to decline the publishing of a post for any reason. It is in our interest, of course, to accept and publish content that we believe to be valuable, relevant, and fresh to our blog.
We may make small changes before we publish your post. (It is common for the editors of blogs to do so.) In particular, we’re especially interested in headlines, introductions, and conclusions.
If we make or request any changes that we believe to be significant, we will communicate with you about those changes before we publish the post.
Email your post as a Word file to guestpost (at) ontargetenglish.com.
Remember to include an item number for a picture from Clipart.com.